I’ve been listening to Contagious by Jonah Beger on Audible. A friend of mine told me there is a course by Jonah on Lynda (its about an hour and covers the same information). If you are not much of a reader, the audio book and the course at Lynda will get you going. The book explains how they studied a TON of stuff and why it got shred/went viral. It’s pretty cool, and Jonah does a great job of making interesting without just reading a bunch of numbers. Her breaks it down to a series of steps
This book works so well because it uses these steps.
1. I’m telling you about this now, cause I think it will make me look knowledgeable about creating good content. – Social Currency
2. Triggers – It makes me excited that there is a reason (not luck) to making content go viral – Trigger/Emotions
3. I see Jonah everywhere. I’ve heard him on Pat Flynn, and when I saw him on Lynda, I thought this guy MUST be good. – Public
4. In a nutshell, it just got great content. You can use these steps to help shape your content. – Practical Value
4. He used stories to explain the numbers behind the science. – Stories.
You can get Jonah’s book for free as a Free book from Audible
You can get the video series for free while using any of your 10 days of free unlimited access to lynda.com.
Dave Jackson is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com